Auto-rotation #&$) Yeah!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Manyc, May 4, 2014.

By Manyc on May 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM
  1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Well today started rainy windy and shiz and pretty much stayed that way all day... car was packed from the previous day... misses had had enough of my crappy mood told me to piss off and fly...

So down to the club I went..wind howling rain falling... thinking this will be a waste... There were only 2 other people there...

Sitting in the club room chatting away I mentioned I was keen to give autos a go... the other guy seemed a pretty competent flyer said he was happy to walk me through it...

Did I happen to mention his name was James something or other... ahhh that's right.. James Dargue.. :)

So 10 min later were on the flight line and in that flight completed my first auto...

Several autos later and some huge thanks from me he took off. He only hung round as long as he did to help me out....

Must say he is one awfully nice guy... not to mention seeing him fly is an eye opener...

Thanks James... if I can do anything to help you out in the future just let me know..

Citizen#024

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Manyc, May 4, 2014.

1. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I still dont like the idea of autoing a 2k heli on purpose they do glide better than a bixler though

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

It just makes autoing when you have to... hopefully less damaging...

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Doing Autos is one of those things that I always thought - why turn the motor off on a perfectly good helicopter? But when you have lost all power, it reduces or eliminates the damage bill. The thing to remember is every helicopter autos differently. Some auto well (larger blade area) and some do not (small helicopters and belt drives). The only thing is I dont have a bail out so if my autos dont work its going to cost me. That makes me focus extra hard!

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Set up the bailout... takes about 10 sec on a castle... then you can play like Mick...

Citizen#024