Quest For 450... It's Here! :-)

Discussion in 'HobbyKing' started by Beaver, Sep 26, 2015.

By Beaver on Sep 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM
  1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Okay. Does anyone here have any experience with the Assault 450/ Orange T6 combo currently offered by HK? I'm assuming no since there are no posts in this area. (Disclaimer: I don't have $1000 or $2000 laying around to be able to buy a "high-end" name-brand heli, so don't start in on me about clones. I know what's at stake. I don't intend to try to fly 3d with it right off, and certainly not until some upgrades to Align parts are done.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'HobbyKing' started by Beaver, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Well, I received shipping confirmation from EBay just now. The Gartt 450 combo is on its way from China. I've taken a bit of a gamble as to whether or not things will be as described..... Especially the KST digital servos that are supposed to be included. Also, I might need to read-up on the workings of the K-bar FBL.... This will be a first for me, but I'm not worried. It will be fun. Now I have to acquire what I need to complete the bird once it arrives. :D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I think the KBAR is very similar to the VBAR. There are a couple of guys who have the kbar at our club - MRCHC..

3. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Have you gotten it in the air yet? I`m curious to know how it flies and what your thoughts of it are. Now that you have a 450 though....you`ll soon be looking at 700s. ;)

4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

To answer both, I have just recently ordered the Gartt 450 kit, they just shipped it yesterday, and it still has to make the trip here (Oklahoma) from China, so it will be at least a week getting to me. Then I have to assemble the thing (carefully).... It will be awhile yet before its in the air. (Not counting air-freight if it ships that way).
      The Kbar is a clone of V-bar if I read correctly. Same setup procedure and similar performance. I've never owned one, so it will be new to me. ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • List
    5. smakmeharder

You will love it @Beaver. You will be blown away by the stability of the gyro and a bigger heli. This heli will hopefully hook you for life.......

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I'm already hooked, been hooked since I started.

7. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

So anyway, 450 shipped yesterday from China. I don't like that they don't issue tracking numbers. Last time I ordered parts from China there was no tracking number, but parts showed up a week later. Anticipation is killing me. :confused:

8. smakmeharder

You will be right @Beaver. Wish i could see your face when you spool it up for the first time. When you progress to a bigger heli its such a rush. I am sure the heligods will be watching - ask the heligod father to bless it! Or print out a crash pardon!....lol..

9. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

That might help, @Crash Heligod has already expressed his interest in the 450. I intend to exercise my own relentless brand of close scrutiny and resources during the build and calibration. It won't be leaving the ground till its nearly right.... further fine-tuning will likely be needed after maiden..... nobody's perfect. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    10. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Okay. The 450 specifies around 2200mAh 3s LiPo. I'm thinking around 5000mAh 3s 30c to increase flight time provided pack matches dimensional requirements and doesn't weigh too much.

11. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I am sooooo ready for this 450 to show. Damn the slow boat from China... :p

12. smakmeharder

So when "do you think" it will arrive @Beaver? Looking at your flying you are definitely ready for it...I see it was supposed to arrive about a week ago?

13. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

it shipped a week ago...... from China. Could be anytime from now to end of next week.

14. simon

simon Well-Known Member

They may have shipped it overland by Donkey, poor little guy is probably struggling with the passes in the Himalaya as we speak
      Simon

15. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

:confused:
      Actually, the boat is probably halfway to California by now if they didn't make a pit-stop at Hawaii. I could be wrong, I ordered a small ESC from China a month or two ago, and it arrived in 8 days..... so who knows.
      In other news: I stopped by the LHS today to survey the Align parts. They have plenty of 600/700 parts, but they don't seem to barely have shiz for 450 parts!.... TT gears, canopy mounts, this and that's, nothing I actually need. Go figure.

16. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Actually I am inspecting your new heli in customs right now @Beaver. I shall release it once i add a little something extra to the kit..muah ha ha ha....

17. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Really he bought a "JEEP" .. no no .. I said .. He bought a " Gartt ! "

lol ....

18. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Of course, If anyone cared to donate $1000 to the cause, then I would have been happy to order up an SAB and all the appropriate accessories. :p

19. smakmeharder

LOL... as i said beaver you will love this thing. Its the start of something BIG! when you first spool your 450, your Adrenalin will go through the roof. There is nothing like it. Then when you fly it? another adrenalin hit - good times ahead

20. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Heck.... I get to have fun with the build and setup, and maybe personalize it a bit. (You know me..... did you see what I did to the big coax? It looks and flys much better than it did originally) Once that's done, THEN I get the joy of flying it.:D